Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lucky

Recently a writer friend suggested I look at http://betsylerner.wordpress.com/forest-for-the-trees/ There's a wonderful button there to get a copy of Forest for the Trees, for free. I'm almost always delighted to get things for free, but this is a book, a book about being a writer, with advice on getting published. (Me jumping up and down.)
As I wait to hear from a potential agent, it is just fabulous to read this book from someone with years of experience in the publishing world. She lovingly describes 6 types of writers, mentions famous living, or at least recent, examples, and a few strengths and weaknesses of each. The second half of the book focuses on the process of getting published.
If I'm scrumdiddlyumptously lucky, think Charlie winning the chocolate factory, unlimited chocolate for life, stable jobs and a warm home for his family, I'll get to experience that process myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment