Friday, January 21, 2011

Exhilerating II

Last week I spent some transformative time with my poems. They're becoming a book. The publisher sent the galleys, I printed them out and saw my poems as they will appear in my book. It's a very strange feeling to see them that way for the first time. They aren't just intensely personal things I've worked on and loved and kept on my computer for years anymore. They're expanding and connecting with their neighbors, becoming something larger than themselves. That's a fairly astonishing thing to experience, I'd say.

The actual book should exist in less than a month now, and I keep trying to imagine that moment: finding the package, opening it, pulling the books out... then maybe I'll scream in delight or be stunned into silence or not be able to stop crying for weeks. I just don't know, but I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment